Monday, May 18, 2015

It was a Long Weekend!

Saturday Neil and I had a good training run for the V100. We went from Grouse Mountain to Deep Cove on the Baden Powell trail ~ 25 km. (And a taxi back to the truck at Grouse Mtn!) When we hopped into the taxi the driver asked us how we got to Deep Cove? On foot...via the Baden Powell trail! He was impressed. 

Sunday we climbed the BCMC trail which starts just east of the Grouse Grind. There were literally hundreds of people doing the Grind with it being a long weekend but for us on the adjacent BCMC, it was relatively peaceful. It is a steep difficult climb 853 meters (2, 800 feet) in 3 Km's. It was really muggy and the sweat was dripping from my forehead and stinging my eyes - forgot my favourite West Highland Way Buff which does the trick of keeping the sweat out of my eyes. Next time! 
   
Sometimes you come across interesting creatures on the trail. This little guy is on the Baden Powell in the Grouse section. Anyone know the story of who he is cheering on?? 
Rough terrain! The trail is very eroded. 
   New shoes! I think I was drawn to the colour. ;-) Tried them out today for 2 hours at Hayward               
Lake trail - they felt great! 
    There are plenty of signs warning of Cougars this year - the real Cougars that is! ;-) There have been many sightings on the trails. Run/hike in pairs! Be safe. They are big Cats! 
Here's Neil finishing the 110 mile Cateran Trail Race in the Spittal of Glenshee, Scotland a year ago this weekend. 26.5 hours!  The event ran again this weekend and I think Neil would have liked to have been there. It's a fantastic event on a beautifully scenic course. Congratulations to all the runners this year in the 55 & 110 mile events.

Neil and brother Graeme are doing the Marathon de Ben Nevis in September (64km). See you then! 
















1 comment:

  1. "Little guy" kinda freaks me out. I hope he's gone when I come by.

    ReplyDelete