Sunday, June 7, 2009

10 km Recovery Run and West Highland Way News!

Today Neil and I woke early as is often the case after an Ultra. We went for a 10km run - 5km up, 5km down! It was great to feel good after yesterday's outing. We were feeling a bit dehydrated today as it was quite warm yesterday and at a bit of higher elevation. After the run we went for a final shop prior to WHW to Mountain Equipment Coop to purchase the recommended rain/wind pants. We have jackets but have never required the outer pant layer. We can get away with long running tights here but thought it would be wise to bring what the race director recommended. We also bought "bug jackets" to protect us from the midges. Oh my! I feel like I am heading out on an extreme journey through the wilds! Perhaps I am...I will soon find out!
Dario the race director has arranged for a test of some transponders on the course this year. Neil and I get to have one of the 5! So this means all you Canadians out there can follow our progress along the way on Google Earth. The race number is #105 and on June 19th (BC Time) @ 5pm we will be starting 1AM (Scottish time). The details can be found at www.westhighlandwayrace.org Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Hi guys,
    Lookin forward to meeting you both.
    I'll see you at the halfway point (Auchtertyre)where you will have the pleasure of having your weight checked by my Da.

    Not long now. I think you have done the right thing with the midge jackets, coz I hear they are plentiful this year, yikes!!

    Mrs Mac x

    ReplyDelete